Stepping Stones is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides community education and
support services to victims and survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence in Taylor
- We provide a safe environment for victims to explore their situation, plan their safety,
and develop their options.
- We understand that anyone can be affected by violence, so we welcome survivors
regardless of their background, race, religion, age, class, sexual orientation, or gender
- All services are free and confidential. We are not mandated reporters.
Domestic violence and sexual abuse can happen to anyone, yet the problem is often
overlooked, excused, or denied. No one should live in fear of the person they love. If you
recognize abuse, please remember that help is always available.
Stepping Stones – Did you know?
- Stepping Stones was started in 1978 by a group of concerned citizens. Volunteers were
available through Human Services and local churches were trained on Crisis Line calls.
Volunteers would offer victims of domestic violence a safe place by inviting them into
their personal homes.
- Stepping Stones purchased our safe house in 1992, which consists of an office and
shelter. We are located on 327 E. Broadway, Medford.
- Since 2008, our location has been known to the public. We are open throughout the
week, Monday through Friday, from 8 am – 4 pm.